- "Students form good relationships with each other and with the adults in the academy. [Ofsted report, March 2012]"
Welcome to St Mark’s West Essex Catholic School website. St Mark’s is a successful, well-ordered and caring Catholic school for boys and girls aged from eleven to eighteen. We are committed to the highest level of achievement for pupils of all abilities and we recognise that there are no limits to a child’s potential. Our aim is simple; to facilitate academic and personal success in a rigorous learning community and in a culture which embraces the Gospel values of – serving others, tolerance, trust, respect, prayer and forgiveness. It is our belief therefore that students grow into mature and responsible adults through:
- Learning together in a Catholic community
- Aspiring to academic excellence and success
- Acquiring confidence, self-esteem and fulfillment of their individual talent
- Developing a love of learning, a love of Christ, and a love of each other
Our greatest resource is our team of well-qualified, dedicated staff who work creatively and professionally to give every student the chance to flourish and achieve our goals of academic excellence and personal success.
I hope this website will give you an insight into our school and whether you are a parent, a student, a prospective employee or curious web browser, we hope you will enjoy using this site. If you would like to find out more, please do not hesitate to contact us.